Continuous Means Consistent
Merit Medical Coatings uses a continuous, spool-to-spool precoating process to coat medical wires and tubes used in device components such as hypotubes and guide wire components. Our process was established more than 20 years ago, and continues to provide coatings that are thin and uniformly consistent in diameter and smoothness over the length of the tube or wire. This consistency is important for our customers as you design your finished medical devices.
- Spool-to-spool precoating process
- Thinner, more consistent coating with tighter tolerances
- Low-impact curing process does not affect the properties of the base material
- Bulk-coated tubes and wires provided on a spool or cut-to-length services
Learn more about our Coating Process.
- PFOA-free PTFE and hydrophilic coating formulas available
- Variety of durability and lubricity options available
- Customer-focused engineering team assists with determining appropriate coating
Learn more about our Coating Options.